Monday, July 12, 2010

Perfect Citizen or Flawed Government


After reading about the "Perfect Citizen" program, I can see how some people may become paranoid and feel the government is going to start watching. Not me. I think they made a mistake. To clarify, for those who haven't read, Perfect Citizen is a program that detects Cyberattacks on Critical U.S. Locations (Nuclear Reactors and the like). So, this program can alert the government if a foreign entity attacks. Now you may say, "We should be scared!" But, what you should be asking is, "Why did my all powerful government put nuclear reactors and power plants on a globally accessible Internet?"

We shouldn't need watchdog programs like Perfect Citizen, because major government intelligence and nuclear reactors shouldn't be on the grid. We set ourselves up for attack. Programs that watch for attacks are not preventing the attacks, they're just watching for them and stopping them after the fact. Why do these places need to be connected to a network that can be hacked into from china? I would be worried about the information the government has out there that can be hacked, not what they are watching me do.
Bottom line, they messed up. You don't need sensitive information online, take it from me government, I know your watching, go back to file cabinets.

Check out the source article here!!!

2 comments:

All the addresses said...

You make a perfect point. Why are our nuclear power plants on open networks. Thanks for really looking at all the angles. Excellent work.

Socio 3030150 said...

Thanks....I couldn't help being drawn to that bit of *background* information. Sometimes the scary stuff is right there in front of you.

Custom Search